By; Crystal Shelton
If you’re looking for a quick side of veggies to pair with dinner tonight, we’ve got you covered! See the recipe below for this week’s TLS recipe:
Brussels sprouts are a cruciferous vegetable, the group also containing familiar veggies like broccoli and cabbage. We love this group of veggies in particular due to their unique composition of antioxidants, fiber, and nutrients. Plus, brussels sprouts are low in calories but still offer protein, vitamins, and minerals to support weight loss + a healthy lifestyle! Try this super simple recipe below + let us know what you think:
Serves: Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 3 tablespoons finely grated Romano cheese
- 1 whole lemon
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Thinly slice leaves of Brussels sprouts into a medium bowl.
- Add walnuts and cheese.
- Grate lemon rind (fine) into bowl
- Halve lemon, then squeeze juice of both halves into bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Toss to combine.
TLS Tip: You can make the salad up to 20 minutes in advance with no wilting worries!