We work closely with Shop MA, Inc., Shop.com Market Place, Inc., Conquer Entertainment, Inc., Live Enterprise, LLC, Market America Worldwide, Inc. and each of their various subsidiaries and affiliated companies (collectively the “Affiliates”), and all information we collect about you, either directly from you or from third parties, may be shared with each of these Affiliates, in our sole discretion. For this reason, throughout these Terms, references made to “Market America” “MA” “Company” “we” “us” and “our” collectively include Market America, Inc., and the Affiliates. The Site is hosted in the United States.
Information We Collect
We collect and store information you provide to us through the Site and the Mobile App.
- Personal Information. This information may include, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, email address, buying habits, personal data (such as your height, weight, body fat, age, measurements, attitudes toward food and exercise, your motivation for changing your lifestyle, and your sleeping, eating, diet, snacking and exercise behavior and habits) testimonials, success stories, product reviews, credit card information and date of birth. This information is collected and stored whenever you provide us with information, including, for example, when you:
- Register and complete a Weight Loss Profile
- Provide information for calculating BMI and body fat
- Provide information on the Site
- Register as a MA Preferred Customer or as a user of the Site or the Mobile App
- Order or reorder products, services and/or gift cards from MA or our partner stores
- Write an e-mail or letter to Market America
- Participate in our Cashback Program
- Submit a product review, success story or testimonial to Market America
- Return an item or make an exchange
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion or event
- Contact our customer service or product information departments
- Technical information we collect and store automatically. Whenever you visit the Site, we automatically collect and store the following information: the Internet address from which you accessed the Site, the date and time you visited the Site, the duration of your visit to the Site, whether you are a new or returning visitor, the page from which you exit the Site, what country you are visiting from (your network location), the Internet address of the web site from which you linked to the Site, the name of the file or words you searched for, items clicked on a page, information about your mobile device including the unique identifier for your device and the browser and operating system used.
The Site is not designed to respond to “do not track” requests from browsers.
To help us understand and enhance our interactions with you, we may permit web analytics and other providers to collect and process information on the Site using the technologies described above. We may share personal information with those providers.
- Cookies. This information is stored using session ID cookies, persistent cookies and various other types of cookies. A cookie is a small data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. Cookies allow us to enhance, personalize and track your online experience, so that the information you receive is more relevant to you. This technology will allow you to move faster through our Website once the information is in our database since you do not have to re-enter the same information or log in each time you enter the site.
- Third party Information. We may permit web analytics and other providers to collect and process information on our websites using the technologies described above. Some of these providers have information about you, including personal information, demographic information and interest reports which they will share with us. And we may share your personal and technical information with them.
Using Information We Collect
We want to provide you with the best possible internet experience and fulfill your orders exactly as you’ve requested. Additionally, we want to make your experience with the TLS® Weight Loss Solution a pleasant and positive one. In order to do this, we may use any information we collect for any legitimate business purpose (including, but not limited to, marketing). For example, we may use the information as follows:
- Use of Personal Information
- Process your order
- Match you up with the UnFranchise® Owner that is the best possible fit for you
- Provide the products and services you request
- Work with partner stores where you like to shop
- Send you promotional offers
- Identify your product and service preferences
- Customize our communications to you
- Provide information concerning products you have purchased
- Improve our product selection and customer service
- Share your positive product testimonials with others
- Track your Cashback
- Ship your order
- Include your name, stories, testimonials and images in Market America and third party publications, literature and/or other media, on Market America operated websites, on third party websites, on social media and blogs, at Market America events, on Market America audios and videos, including, without limitation, MP3s, CDs and DVDs, in any other Market America communications to our UnFranchise® Owners, partner stores or others, or as otherwise deemed useful or appropriate by Market America.
- Use of Technical Information. This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the Site and to various sections of the Site, the percentage of visits that came from particular key word searches, the average time spent on the Site by visitors and the average number of page views by visitors. It may also be used to identify system performance or problem areas. We also use this information to help us develop the Site, analyze patterns of usage, and to make the site more useful. This information is not used for associating search terms or patterns of site navigation with individual users. The Site may periodically delete its web logs. We use third party analytics services to collect and analyze this data, and on occasion, we may provide this information to third party entities we contract with for the purpose of further analyzing website traffic.
- Third party Information. Third Party Information helps us to enhance and personalize our interactions with you so that the information you receive is more relevant to you. We use third party information for behavioral advertising, which allows us to predict your preferences and to show you ads and send you e-mails that are more likely to interest you.
Information We Share with Others and Your Privacy Rights
It is not a practice of Market America to sell, rent, or trade personal information. In order to best service our customers and Preferred Customers, we may share any information we collect for any legitimate business purpose. For example, we share your order information, some of your personal information and information about your spending habits with the Market America Independent UnFranchise® Owners assigned as your Shop Consultant and your TLS® Coach. We also share the information contained in your Diet Profile/Health Assessment and the related recommendations, meal plan and purchases with your Shop Consultant and TLS Coach. Market America’s Independent UnFranchise® Owners are obligated to treat the information you supply with confidentiality.
We share certain limited information with the partner stores where you shop. We may also share your personal and technical information with web analytics companies and services in order to provide a more personalized web experience for you.
We use third party service providers to help us operate our business, the Site and the Mobile App, provide certain services or administer activities on our behalf, such as credit card processing, sending emails, shipping orders, printing, web design and hosting, public and media relations, internet services, e-commerce, order fulfillment and contest/sweepstakes administration. We will share your information with these third parties for those purposes. For example, whenever you place an order through the Site, we will provide your name, address, phone number and other information required by the shipper so that the shipper can efficiently deliver your order according to their internal and legal requirements.
On rare occasions, we may disclose specific information upon governmental request, in response to a court order, or when required by law to do so. We may also share information with companies assisting in fraud protection or investigation. We do not provide information to these agencies or companies for marketing or commercial purposes.
How We Use Email
When you provide us your email address, you may receive emails from us or from one of our UnFranchise® Owners. E-mails may be sent in order to assist us in processing your order, respond to a request, provide customer service or inform you about products, services or promotional materials. It is our intent to send promotional e-mails only to those persons who wish to receive them. We provide instructions on how to unsubscribe in our e-mails.
Links to Other Sites
We provide links to third party site on the Site and the Mobile App. These sites operate independently of Market America and have established their own privacy and security policies. We encourage you to review these policies at any site you visit.
Updating or Reviewing Your Information
You may review or update your customer or Preferred Customer information (name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number, etc.) under Your Account.
Market America is committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information. It is our intent to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you. We use a variety of current technologies and processes for protection of information we collect, and we limit the information we provide to third parties.
When you make a purchase or submit a document on the Site, your transactional information is transmitted in a safe, encrypted format.
Privacy of Children on Our Site
The Site and Mobile App are not intended for use by anyone under the age of 18. We are committed to protecting children’s privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
We always welcome your questions and feedback. For privacy-related issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.