By: Thomas Baker
The holiday season is finally here! Especially with Thanksgiving just around the corner, there will be cold weather, a long list of things to be done, and holiday parties every weekend. All of these things are a recipe for adding excess weight during this time of the year, but it doesn’t have to be! Let’s change that old routine and stay on track through the holidays with these top 10 picks + a few holiday tips!
Make it a priority each day work out. If you can’t make it to the gym for an hour, find space at home and work up a sweat with any creative combination of body weight and free weight routines.
Can’t make it out for that long run? Gather the family and go for a walk or early 5k instead. Most Turkey Trots happen earlier in the morning, so you’ll be able to get your workout in before anyone else is even up. Plus, you’ll be able to bring home a medal to show off for the rest of the day!
There are a number of great ways to get moving as long as you’re willing to break the tradition of lounging around after your Thanksgiving meal!
Another holiday weight gain trap is not eating mindfully. Pay attention to what you eat, making sure you avoid multitasking so you can enjoy the foods you’ve chosen. It’ll help increase satiety and even reduce the chances of you going back for seconds!
Last but not least, plug in this playlist to get yourself really moving:
- What Lovers Do – Maroon 5, SZA
- Would You Ever – Skrillex, Poo Bear
- Lonely Together – Avicii, Rita Ora
- You Might Be – Autograf, Lils, GoldFish
- Came Here for Love – Sigala, Ella Eyre
- (Not) The One – Bebe Rexha
- Sorry Not Sorry – Demi Lovato
- Don’t Want You Back – Bakermat, Kiesza
- Good Thing – Tritonal, Laurell
- Strip That Down – Liam Payne, Quavo