Sosan Hua, TLS Director of Training
Every year, we celebrate National Nutrition Month in March. This year the theme for the National Nutrition Month is Personalize Your Plate. We are all different and unique so why should our eating be the same? The foods we eat are often influenced by our family’s history, culture, where we live, our budget, our health goal and our taste preference. What works for one, doesn’t necessarily work for another. There is no one size fits all. Personalize your health goals so you can personalize your plate. Ask yourself a few questions to help you personalize your plate:
- What is your health goal?
- What is your weight goal? To maintain current weight or lose more weight or gain some healthy weight?
- What do you love to eat and what do you not love to eat and why?
- How do you define your current eating habits?
This is exactly why in TLS, we know that each of you are different and unique, so we have different menu plans to cater to different needs, goals and commitment level. If you are not sure where to begin, start by visiting our website and fill out a TLS profile to personalize your journey. Regardless of the TLS menu plan that is suggested for you, there are a few tips to help you maximize your nutrient intake and taste without compromising on being uniquely YOU.
- Variety is key – try 1-2 different recipes to find your new favorite.
- Experience with different herbs and spices to add flavor and extra dose of antioxidants.
- If you love grain and starches – try substituting with a healthier choice that is packed with fiber such as quinoa, buckwheat and/or sweet potatoes.
- Try a new vegetable and add it to your favorite recipe.
- Experiment and bake with our TLS Nutrition Shake – personalize with your favorite fruit and add extra dose of vegetables (frozen cauliflower, zucchini or baby spinach) without affecting the taste (trust me, you will not taste it).
The most important message here is don’t compare yourself to others and stay in your lane. Personalize your health and weight loss journey starts with personalize your plate – a lifestyle that you can live with for the rest of your life. You are here for the long run, so make your eating habit a personalized one that is just for YOU.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. Individuals following the TLS Weight Loss Solution as part of a healthy diet and exercise program can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week.