By: Sosan Hua, RD, CDE
Who doesn’t love Fall. Cool, crisp air and the change of season – there is something magical about it. The Summer chaos comes to a close and routines begin to form. Many of us are ready for a new beginning – are you?
Fall is a perfect time to begin again, get back into gear and re-focus on your health and wellness or weight loss goals. TLS – Transitions Lifestyle System, is the perfect place to start. Forming long-lasting, healthy habits is all about getting into a routine.
Here are 5 tips to get you back on track and transition into your Fall wellness routine:
- Make room for Fall harvest seasonal vegetables like apples, pumpkins and squash. They are rich in vitamins, minerals and a good source of fiber. Who doesn’t love butternut squash soup or warm baked apples with a sprinkle of cinnamon and nutmeg or pumpkin spice?
- Stay hydrated – there is something soothing about drinking a large cup of warm water mixed with lemon and sprinkle of cinnamon first thing in the morning. This is also a great time to kick start your detox by trying our TLS detox program for 7 days to reset your palette and sugar cravings.
- Walking/jogging in your neighborhood– who doesn’t love the beautiful colorful leaves as you walk in your neighborhood or checking our new trails in your area. Better yet, do it with your loved ones so everyone get to be active as well. Try a new hiking area on the weekends. Fall is the best time for hiking and getting back into the routine of being active.
- Sleep 7-9 hours consistently– the sun is setting earlier so make it a goal to get to sleep earlier to achieve a more restful nights sleep. Lack of sleep is one of the contributing factors that make weight loss a bit more challenging. Use this time to get yourself back to the regular routine of sleeping earlier and waking up earlier.
- Support your immune health – as we are approach cooler temperatures, it is important to keep our immune system strong and healthy. One of the ways to support immune health is to avoid sugars and limit highly processed food. Low glycemic impact eating is the way to go in which you enjoy wholesome food such as fruits, vegetables, high quality protein and healthy fats. Don’t know where to start? Take the Free Profile on our website – answer the questions and we will suggest your perfect TLS program and top 3 TLS products to accelerate your results.