Have you experienced weight gain over this last year and a half or know anyone that has? Not a surprise. Between unprecedented times and many employees transitioning to virtual work, resulting in longer hours sitting behind a desk.
Three things you can start implementing to improve your health and contribute to a healthy weight:
- Eat more veggies and fiber. Try to have veggies with every meal and/or snack. Try to have more than half of your plate loaded with vegetables.
- Drink plenty of water. The amount should be equal to ½ your body weight in ounces, for example, if you weigh 150 lbs. = drink 75 oz water per day.
- Move, Move, Move – Inside or outside of your home.
Here are some fun ways to implement some indoor activities for you, your family, and your friends when it is just too hot to be outside.
- Schedule 30-60 mins of daily activity – get up and get it done.
- Find it in your schedule – can you watch less TV, work less, and or reduce time on social media?
- Get help if you need it – join a gym or hire a personal trainer.
- Invest in a FITBIT to monitor your steps each day – try for a 10,000-step starting goal.
- Establish a reward system such as having a TLS shake post-exercise
- Implement eating and drinking water (#1 and #2 with exercise!)
- Love to dance? Look online for dance classes – West Coast Swing, Salsa, etc. or try a new fitness class.
- Invest in light dumbbells, weights, exercise balls – look online for exercise instruction or hire a personal trainer to do an in-home session.
- Use furniture for workouts: stand up/sit on chair/couch, wall push-ups, desk exercises, dumbbells – arm circles, bicep curls, leg lifts, and stretching.
- Xbox – Fitness Games vs kids
- Get the steps in – no treadmill or exercise equipment? Try jumping jacks, a walk-in place to your favorite tunes, or better yet, dance.
- Clean the house, reorganize, or do some exercises while watching TV.
- Walk & talk – with family, a partner, or your pet.
- Play some pool games, water exercises, or yard games.
- Set a goal to do a hike each week.
- Volunteer together.
- Kayak, paddleboard, or other water activities that make you work a little.
- Bike ride or rollerblade at the park.
Post-exercise – remember to drink those TLS Nutrition Shakes, loaded with 19 grams of protein to help repair, and rebuild muscle.* My personal favorite – the Chocolate Delight shake with unsweetened almond milk paired with trim café.
TLS CLA is also a great addition to your weight training program. It may help reduce fat and maintain lean muscle. We want lean muscle to help support our metabolism.*
Exercise has many benefits including stress reduction. Any form of aerobic exercise will release serotonin and other endorphins, which can lead to a feeling of well-being. Endorphins are neurotransmitters that are found in the pituitary gland and throughout the nervous system.
Be sure to make yourself a priority. No excuses. Exercise can help benefit your physical, emotional, and mental well-being. Make it a habit and you will become a success.
To Your Health-
TLS Certified Coach
Group Fitness Instructor
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
**Consult your health care provider before starting any weight management or exercise program.
***Individuals following the TLS Weight Loss Solution as part of a healthy diet and exercise program can expect to lose 1-2 pounds per week.