By: Sue Pasqual
With St. Patricks just around the corner, everyone will be drinking green beer, wearing good luck charms, and drinking the infamous Shamrock Shake. Unfortunately, those commercial and store-bought shakes aren’t the healthiest & many don’t realize the number of calories (and not nutrient-dense ones) they’re drinking! This time of year calls for everything green, so opt for these delicious green shakes for Shamrock Season.
Green TLS Shakes for Shamrock Season
Simple Mint Shamrock
- 8 oz. Water or milk (I prefer rice or almond milk)
- ice, to taste (the more ice, the thicker the shake)
- 2 scoops of TLS Nutrition Shake – Vanilla
- 1 handful of spinach (trust me, you cannot taste it)
- Few drops of mint extract.
Blend and enjoy!
This will get you going in the morning for sure. If you want to add some protein to it, toss in a serving of your TLS Shake!
- 1 ½ peeled cucumber
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 green apple
- 2 celery stalks
- ½ lemon (& before you peel it, zest it in the blender too)
- 1” fresh ginger root
- 1 cup of water
Blend & enjoy!
Like the shake above, you can add some additional protein & nutrients with your TLS Shake. The chia seeds in this recipe also add a nice boost of protein, healthy fats, & fiber!
- 2 ½ cups almond milk (more or less depending on desired consistency)
- 2 cups spinach
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 T chia seeds
Blend and drink!
Gold at the End of the Rainbow
The spinach in this shake is totally covered by the fruity, refreshing taste. It’s like summer in a cup!
- 2 cups frozen spinach
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 medium ripe banana (frozen is ideal)
- 1 cup of berries (strawberries, blueberries, or raspberries)
- 1 cup milk or water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 medjool date
Blend and enjoy!
These smoothies are sure to give you the Ides-of-March-green you’re searching for without setting you back. If you accidentally make more than you need, you can always toss it into a freezer-proof container to use later. Just defrost, grab and go!