2 Major Breakfast Mistakes & How to Fix Them
Mistake #1. Eating High-Glycemic Foods for Breakfast
What breakfast foods are High Glycemic?
- Toast, bagels, muffins, donuts, strudels, and other pastry items.
- Cereal, Instant oatmeal and other simple carbohydrates out of a box.
- Pancakes, waffles, crepes.
- Sugary coffee drinks
- Fruit (alone, without any protein to accompany it)
- Egg & Veggie Omelet/Scramble: kale, spinach, peppers, onion, tomatoes, broccoli, asparagus, are perfect choices to mix with 2 – 3 eggs.
- Fruit and Veggie Smoothie: cucumber, kale, spinach, celery, lemon, blueberries, blackberries, 1/4 of a small beet, 1/2 banana & our Strawberry-Kiwi Ultimate Aloe Juice
- Our incredible TLS Nutrition Shakes: check out some of our recipes here!
- Some do breakfast for dinner, well… flip it and do dinner for breakfast! Opt for leftover salmon, chicken and veggies, or egg on a salad.