By: Kayla Adams
As summer winds down and the 2019 Find Your Fit Challenge ramp up, it’s time to realign your goals and get serious about taking that stab at winning your share of the $25K in prizes. A great way to kick off the challenge is with Detox Week, and we’ve got a few recipes to get you started.
Detoxing is a great way to cleanse the toxins that we introduce to our body in an effort to boost energy levels, support digestion, strengthen your immune system, and encourage weight management. It’s a great precursor to an exercise and weight loss regimen that will allow you to begin your journey with a fresh start and a cleansed system. Although our bodies have natural detoxification abilities, the increased toxic exposure that we face today creates an excessive strain on our bodies and periodic detoxes stand to
There are many misconceptions about choosing to do a detox, and some may believe that you can’t eat any “real” foods while cleansing your system—wrong! In fact, you can have eggs, skinless chicken, fresh fish and fruits in limited servings with unlimited servings of veggies.
Relax! You can eat!
We’ve got some great tips for you from our TLS® Trainers Sue Pasqual & Jessica Michaud, but I’m going to share a couple of my favorite detox recipes in hopes to inspire you and provide you with the motivation that’s needed to push through your detox (your tummy will thank you).
Shredded Chicken & Salsa
- 3 oz of skinless shredded chicken
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preparation: Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil inside of ramekins.
- Evenly divide the shredded chicken between the two ramekins. Evenly divide ¾ cup of salsa between the ramekins.
- Place ramekin in a baking dish. Pour tap hot water into the baking dish until it reaches halfway up the ramekins.
- Bake about 15-18 minutes. Remove from oven and spoon remaining salsa on top.
Chia Seed Pudding
- 4 tablespoon Chia Seeds
- 1.25 cups of water
- ¼ cup Apple Slices
- ¼ cup Banana slices
- ¼ cup Blueberries
- ¼ cup Peach Slices
- In a small bowl, add the chia seeds and pour water.
- Mix well with a fork. Place it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes and it will form a “pudding-like” consistency
- Transfer the contents to a serving bowl, top with sliced (seasonal) fruits.
There you have it! There is REAL, delicious food that you can enjoy while detoxing. Changing your lifestyle to improve your health and feel better about yourself can be tolling but understand that you don’t have to completely deprive yourself all things yummy to achieve your goals. Focus on the good fats, proteins, veggies, and fruits as you detox and rid your body of toxins. If you need more recipes, you can grab them for inspiration here.
You’ve got this!