Early morning classes don’t mean you have to skip breakfast! You’ve got to fuel your brain to perform at its best, and this overnight grab-and-go option is super easy to make in your dorm.
Prep Time: Overnight + 5 min.
Serves: Makes 1 serving
- 1 mango, peeled and chopped
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- Blend the first 8 ingredients on high speed until smooth
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and mix in chia seeds
- Refrigerate overnight & grab on your way out in the morning!
Easy Chicken Gyros & Greek Sauce
These quick gyros are super versatile depending on your diet & budget, and great for a plate-free study session. You can use chicken, tofu, or stick with veggies to make in your dorm this fall!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Serves: Makes 2 servings
- 8 ounces pre-cooked chicken
- 2-4 leaves romaine lettuce trimmed
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 English cucumber, sliced thin
- 2 wraps of choice or pita breads
- Onion to taste, diced
- Bell pepper to taste, thinly sliced
- Kalamata olives, sliced
- Parsley, to taste
- 3 TBSP plain Greek yogurt
- 2 oz feta cheese
- 2 T. red wine vinegar
- 1 T. dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 T. water, to thin as needed
- black pepper to taste
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
- Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Prep your veggies, slicing or cutting as needed
- Warm chicken & pita or wrap in microwave
- Lay pita bread for wrap flat and layer chicken & veggies on top
- Add sauce as desired
- Wrap and secure with aluminum foil, wrapping it around burrito-style
Egg Fried Rice In a Mug
This dorm-ready dish is ready in minutes, perfect for those days when you are feeling hungry and really short on time.
Prep Time: 9 minutes
Serves: Makes 1 serving
- 1 cup cooked cauliflower rice
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons chopped red pepper
- 1/2 stalk of green onion, sliced
- small pinch of shredded purple cabbage
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon five-spice powder
- Place the cauliflower into a large mug.
- Add peas, red pepper, green onion, mung bean sprouts and cabbage, then cover the mug with cling film.
- Using a knife, puncture one or two small holes through the film.
- Microwave on high for 1 minute.
- In the meantime, beat the egg and mix in soy sauce, onion powder and five-spice powder.
- Pour the egg mixture into the mug, and stir with the vegetables and rice
- Cover the mug with cling film again, and microwave for 1 minute 15 seconds
- Take the mug out of the microwave, stir, then let stand for a minute to finish cooking.
- Use a fork to fluff up the rice and serve.
Share these college meals with your student & give them a healthy start!