By: Theresa Greenwell
Do busy mornings have you rushing out of your front door without breakfast? It’s a common problem, especially once school starts. Since breakfast is so important and the average break room doesn’t offer the best mid-morning snack options, try this amazing breakfast recipe for a protein-packed morning:
Prep Time: 1 hour
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 16 oz. cottage cheese (high curd yield. Drain fluid if excessive only)
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat inside of a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft. Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie pan.
- Bake quiche for approximately 45 minutes or until cooked completely (eggs set and golden)
- Let cool 15-30 minutes before serving.
What are your favorite breakfasts for busy mornings? Tell us in the comments!