by Theresa Greenwell, International Science
|These tasty patties are great for vegetarians or any individual following a meat restricted diet.|
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F.
- Cook lentils in boiling water for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 15 minutes. Drain lentils and allow these to cool.
- Finely chop the onion, mushrooms and walnuts.
- In a large mixing bowl combine lentils, onion, mushrooms, walnuts, egg, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and Italian seasoning.
- Form mixture into 4 evenly sized patties (shaped by hand or biscuit cutter).
- Spray baking tray with non-stick cooking spray. Place patties on baking tray.
- Bake patties for 25-30 minutes. Serve with lightly grilled/baked vegetables or green salad.
Nutritional information (approximately per serving)
Protein: 11 g
Fat: 12 g
– Saturated: 1 g
Carbohydrate: 26 g
– Fiber: 11 g
Sodium: 522 mg