Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 65 minutes
· 1 spaghetti squash
· 3-4 cloves garlic (minced)
· 2 tbsp. olive oil
· ¼ cup onion (finely diced)
· salt & pepper to taste
· ¼ cup water
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Cut squash in half, lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds carefully.
3. In a casserole dish (coated with non-stick cooking spray) place squash face-down. Add 1/4 cup of water. Bake for 30 minutes, then turn squash over and cook for another 30 minutes until soft.
4. While the squash cooks, sauté garlic, onion and olive oil in a pan.
5. Using a fork, scrape squash out (use long strokes, the fork should make the squash come out in long, thin, spaghetti-like strands). Place in the pan with the sautéed ingredients.
6. Cook for another 3-5 minutes.
Pro Tip: Save time by microwaving your squash in a shallow casserole dish.