By: Sue Pasqual
Who doesn’t love a sweet treat, especially during Valentine’s Day? Avoiding the candy might not be easy, but making a healthy shake is when you have the right tools. Curb your sweet tooth & add some nutrients into your Valentine’s Day celebrations with a TLS® Candy Shake!
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 T vanilla
- 1 svg. TLS® Nutrition Shake or Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- ¼ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 ¼ cups ice
- 1 packet no-calorie sweetener, such as Splenda, Truvia or stevia.
Chocolate Mint Candy Shake
- 1 svg. TLS® Chocolate Nutrition Shake or Whey Protein
- 6-8 oz. unsweetened almond milk
- A few drops of mint extract, 2-3 to taste
- Mint leaves, for garnish
Cotton Candy Shake
- ½ cup of vanilla yogurt (Greek is always the best as it is deliciously thick and creamy)
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- ½ cup cauliflower
- 2 T honey (optional)
Blueberry Batter Shake
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 svg. TLS® Nutrition or Whey Protein (Vanilla)
- Dash of cinnamon
- 1 cup frozen blueberries.
- 1 T raw cashew butter
- 1 tsp agave
- 2 T almond meal
Mix the butter and agave, roll into a ball and flatten.
Cut into strips (they’ll be fragile, so handle with care) and hang over the top of the glass.
Healthy Snickers Candy Shake
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2-3 cups of unsweetened almond milk
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 svg. TLS Nutrition Shake (Vanilla or Chocolate for a more chocolatey taste)
- 1 T peanut butter
- 1-2 dated pits (or low sugar or vegan caramel sauce)