Find healthy, easy spring recipes for weight loss with fresh, spring tastes! As we step out of these cold winter days, it’s time to incorporate some fresh flavors to keep your palate guessing. There’s a little of everything here, so dig in!
Easy Spring Recipes for Weight Loss
Blueberry Lemon Protein Muffins
Fresh fruits are the best part of Spring! Farmer’s markets are opening back up and produce is easier than ever to get your hands on. If you’ve been looking for a recipe to swap for your morning eggs, you’ve found it!
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 serving TLS® Shake – Vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup powdered peanut butter (prepared with water)
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prep a muffin tin.
- In a bowl, mix coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, baking soda, & lemon zest.
- Once smooth, add eggs, coconut oil, nut butter, lemon juice, and vanilla.
- Gently add blueberries and stir until just combined, then fill each muffin tin about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cooked through.
Veggie Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
Sweet potatoes don’t get enough love. They’re great for helping you feel full & so nutrient-dense! That’s why this healthy, easy recipe uses those instead of refined white flour to make a unique & veggie-filled dish.
For the Crust:
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/8-in.-thin slices
- Olive oil, for prep
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 8oz mushrooms, sliced
- 3–4 cups fresh spinach
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 3oz crumbled feta or goat cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F & coat a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- Layer sweet potatoes slices in slightly overlapping circles to line the entire pie plate. Don’t be afraid to cut & trim slices as you need to!
- Coat potatoes with olive oil (spray or use a paper towel/hands)
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until potatoes are slightly tender, then place pan on a wire rack.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion with salt and pepper until softened, then add mushrooms and sauté until starting to brown.
- Add spinach and cook until wilted, then season stir in artichokes and set aside to cool.
- Once cool, whisk veggies in a bowl together with eggs, milk, salt, red pepper flakes, and feta (optional).
- Pour vegetable mixture into crust, then bake for 2-30 minutes or until set.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 6-8 slices.
Broccoli Salad (Vegan)
Vegan dishes are slowly moving away from their reputation as being bland, boring, or overly processed & this is a prime example! This is a healthy, easy recipe that incorporates plenty of veggies & is a great side for parties & get-together since vegan-friendly options can be hard to come by!
For the Dressing:
- 3/4 cup cashews, soaked overnight or in hot water for 10 minutes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 T maple syrup (you can use a sugar-free version if you’d like)
- 2 T apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 2 large broccoli crowns, florets only & finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1/3 cup roasted& salted almonds, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or raisins (no sugar added)
For the Dressing:
- Drain cashews & dd to a blender with the rest of the dressing ingredients & blend until creamy
- Place broccoli, grapes, almonds, red onion, and dried cranberries in a mixing bowl, add dressing and toss thoroughly to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, then place in fridge to chill