By: Tayler Glenn
Whether it’s the 21-Day Challenge Detox or the Rapid Results Meal Plan, finding a recipe to fill the space that creamy, rich hot chocolate left can be a real challenge. Thankfully, we’re not in the deprivation game so we wanted to give you a few recipes to help! From vanilla spice to salted vanilla, these indulgent hot chocolate recipes are just what you’ve been looking for.
Hot Chocolate Recipes
Base Protein Hot Chocolate
This is going to be your main as far as hot chocolate recipes go! We’d recommend a creamy dairy-free milk such as cashew or oat, but there are also some pretty great protein blends that are dairy-free as well. Dealer’s choice, just make sure to grab the unsweetened one.
- 1 – 1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk, unsweetened
- 1 T TLS® Whey Protein – chocolate or vanilla
- 1 T unsweetened cocoa powder, or more to taste
Microwave dairy-free milk in a mug for 2 minutes until hot.
Add 1/2 cup of the liquid to a separate mug, then add protein powder and cocoa.
Use a frother or high-speed blender to combine the milk, protein, and cocoa.
Add the rest of the hot milk & top with additional cocoa
Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Extra ½ T of cocoa
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- Sprinkle of cayenne pepper
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 3-4 drops of peppermint extract
- sugar-free sweetener, to taste
Salted Vanilla Hot Chocolate
- 3 T granulated sweetener (1-1)
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 T Vanilla Powder or vanilla extract
- 1 T cocoa
Gingerbread Hot Chocolate
- 1 Medjool date pitted
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- pinch salt
Coconut Hot Chocolate
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp coconut extract
- granulated sweetener, to taste
Earl Grey Hot Chocolate
- 1 tsp Earl Grey or 1 teabag
- Steep the tea in the hot milk for 10 minutes while covered.
- Strain if using tea leaves, then proceed with the rest of the recipe.