By: Kayla Adams
Let’s shake things up! Have you ever wondered what else you can make with your TLS® Nutrition Shakes or Whey Protein? Sure, you can add water or milk with fruit for a nutrition-packed snack & I certainly don’t believe in fixing what isn’t broke. But, you can enjoy a broad assortment of other tasty & high-protein recipes made with your TLS® Shakes, too!
Let’s start off with a dish that’s familiar to all of us—oatmeal! Oats are rich in fiber, phosphorus, thiamine, magnesium, and zinc which makes them a great breakfast choice. I like to enjoy a nice bowl of oatmeal on busy mornings before work since they keep to me full until lunch and they’re quick and convenient. But, the first of our high-protein recipes is a TLS-approved spin on this classic breakfast:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 scoop TLS® Nutrition Shake or Whey – Vanilla
- 1 1/4 cup water (or milk of choice)
- 1 Medjool date
- 1 T crunchy almond butter
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup berries (frozen or fresh)
- A drizzle of maple syrup (optional)
- Mix oats and protein powder in a microwavable bowl.
- Add liquid of choice (water or milk) and microwave for 2 minutes.
- Chop up the Medjool date and banana while the oats are cooking.
- Add date pieces to the oatmeal and stir well before microwaving the mixture for another 30 seconds.
- Top with banana, berries, and cinnamon before drizzling almond butter on top. (If using frozen berries, mix those directly into the hot oatmeal so they soften.)
It doesn’t stop there! Next, try Protein-Packed Banana Nutella muffins to satisfy your sweet tooth and also offer the added benefits of your TLS® Nutrition Shakes. A sweet, guilty pleasure + 19 grams of protein = Win-win!
- 1 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 scoop TLS® Nutrition Shake or Whey – Chocolate
- 1 T grounded Flaxseed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup of non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup of skim or alterna-milk
- 1 T of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of Nutella
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line or spray 12 muffin tins.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the whole-wheat flour, protein powder, baking powder, flaxseed, and salt until smooth.
- In another bowl, mix eggs, bananas, yogurt, milk, and vanilla until evenly combined.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and mix thoroughly.
- Fill muffin cups 1/3 full, then add a teaspoon drop of Nutella in the middle of each before filling the cup to 2/3 full.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top if using, bake for 18-20 minutes, then allow to cool on a wire rack
These high-protein recipes a great way to deviate from your usual protein shakes. Click here to explore more recipes and TLS-approved ways to switch it up in the kitchen!