By Theresa Greenwell, International Science
· 2 large bell peppers, chopped
· 1 ½ tsps. olive oil
· 12 links (about 10 oz.) turkey sausage
· ½ cup low-fat mozzarella, grated
· Dash of any all-purpose seasoning mix of your choice
· Black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Spray medium sized baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Toss bell pepper pieces with 1 tsp. olive oil, sprinkle with seasonings and distribute evenly in baking dish.
4. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. While the peppers bake, cook turkey sausages in a skillet with ½ tsp olive oil. Once sausages are nicely browned, remove from skillet and cut into 1” pieces.
6. Mix cut sausages with the baked peppers and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
7. Remove baking pan from oven, and turn oven to broil.
8. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over sausage and pepper mixture. Return baking dish to oven and broil for 1-2 minutes (or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned).
Serving Suggestion: Serve warm and garnish with parsley.