Roasted Red Cabbage with Gorgonzola
Courtesy of inthelittleredhouse.blogspot.com
What you’ll need: 1 head of red cabbage, olive oil, and 1-2oz of gorgonzola
- Preheat oven to 425°
- Slice cabbage into 1/2 inch slices and brush both sides with olive oil
- Roast for 25-30 minutes until edges start to brown.
- Top with a few sprinkles of gorgonzola and roast for about 5 more minutes (or if you prefer, until the cheese starts to bubble)
- Top with cracked pepper and enjoy!
Had this for dinner the other night, and I highly recommend it to everyone! This may have to become a regular side I make…
Cabbage and Shrimp Stir-fry
What you’ll need:1 tbsp olive oil, 1 lb peeled large shrimp, 1 lb sliced cabbage, 1 sliced bell pepper, 4 oz sliced snow peas, 2 tbsp seasoned rice vinegar, 8 1/2 oz package of ready-to-heat whole grain, and 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil.
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in wok over medium heat. Add 1 lb peeled large shrimp and cook through, about 3 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- Add 1 lb sliced baby bok choy, 1 sliced bell pepper, 4 oz sliced snow peas, 2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar, and an 8.5 oz package of ready-to-heat whole grain and rice blend. Stir-fry until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in shrimp and 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
Blue Cheese Cabbage Salad
What you’ll need: 1 head of green cabagge, 1 cup of chopped walnuts toasted, 1 medium red onion (thinly sliced), and 4 oz of crumbled blue cheese.
- Wash cabbage and pull leaves from the head into a bowl
- Cut your onion into thin slices and mix with the cabbage
- Sprinkle your crumbled blue cheese and walnuts on top of your salad and toss
- Serve with vinnigrete dressing of your choice